About the Smiley Cook Thai cooking class
Smiley cooking is proud to present Koh Samui’s cutest cooking class. All our classes have a max of 4 people for a more personal learning experience. Join us for a 30 min tour at a local Thai market where we will quickly teach you all you need to know about the herbs, vegetables and spices used in Thai food.
After the lesson in the market you will be ready to start your 2 hour lesson in our kitchen, which is full equipped with everything you will need to get started. Discover the magic of Thai herbs and spices, with a 30 minute walk around a local market.
Learn just how easy it is to cook deliciously authentic Thai food with our certified Thai teacher. Savour a mouthwatering Thai lunch or dinner made by yourself!
List of dishes
- Tom Yum – a Thai favourite hot & spicy soup
- Tom Kha – a spicy soup of galangal, lemongrass and coconut milk
- Papaya Salad – with peanuts and lime juice
- Beef Salad – dressing with herbs
- Spring Rolls – filled with prawns & chili sauce
- Phad Thai – rice noodles fried with egg & beansprouts
- Cashew Nut – fried with chicken and Thai sauces
- Larb Gai – chopped chicken with mint leaves & red onions
- Curry Paste – learn the foundation to red and green curry
- Deep Fried Duck – in red curry sauce
- Green curry – coconut milk with Vegetables
- Massaman curry – potatoes and peanuts
- Penang curry – spicy, creamy curry with coconut milk
- Fried Fish – deep fried in with garlic & pepper
- Fried Fish – deep fried with sweet & sour sauce
See the full itinerary
Lessons starts twice a day
- every morning at 09:00 AM
- every afternoon at 16:00 PM
Pickups from your hotel or villa will start 30-60 minutes prior to the tour start time, depending on your location.
Smiley Thai Cooking Class tour prices
What is included in the price for this tour?
What should you take with you if you go on this trip?
What should you know if you go on this tour?
Each class has a maximum of 5 persons. That way we can really teach you the basics of Thai cooking by giving you the personal attention you need!
Thai cooking course
The Thai kitchen is world famous for its tasteful recipes. The Thai seem to master the art of mixing flavors: almost all dishes contain sweet, sour, salty and spicy elements. The Smiley Thai cooking class is one of the best on Koh Samui. Because we limit our groups to 5 persons, we can guarantee personal attention for everyone. A visit to the market is also included. There our chefs will explain what it takes to create a fine Thai dish. Everything is fresh, so enjoy the cooking and your meal afterwards!
Did you go on this tour? Please leave a review below!
Submit your review
We enjoyed the cooking class at Smiley cook. Superb instructions by the teacher and the cooking itself is just a little party! So much fun to do :)
we were together in a group of 5 and got a 'private' lesson, which was really nice. Explanation on all spices and foods and at the end you can eat it all. Its way too much though!
Koh samui tours
We are a local company on Koh Samui. We offer the best Koh Samui Tours combined with personal advice and help if needed. You are welcome to pay online or by cash in one of our offices on Chaweng Beach Road.
If you need any help deciding on the best tour, please contact us! Our staff is always present to answer your questions.
8/15 Moo 3 Chaweng Beach road
Chaweng, Koh Samui
Surat Thani 84320
+66 (0)6 1394 1444
TAT License: 34/00803
work with us
We accept deposit payments in cash at our office, by Paypal account, Alipay or by credit card with secure provider Omise. We only work with safe payment providers and never store any credit card numbers on our server.